Something that I loved about these products before even trying them is that they are 100% pure. I've purchased oils from other places before, expecting them to be pure or at least mostly pure and it says "9% tea tree oil" .. excuse me?! They are also free from synthetic parabens, sodium lauryl sulfate, harsh detergents and they do not test on animals. If you are curious where to find it they have a store finder on their website.
Thursday Plantation Lavender Oil retails for $19.99 for 25mL and contains Lavender Essential Oil (Lavandula Angustifolia, Lavandula Angustifolia – Herb Top Flowering). Lavender oil has always had a calming effect on me, I associate it with sleeping and night time products. I also don't find it too floral, sometimes lavender can be very overpowering but this one is good. I mean, you can overdo any essential oil because they are so concentrated so keep that in mind. They list their lavender oil as being great for cough/cold and headaches. Some uses are:
- Add some drops to your bath at night to smooth skin but also improve sleep.
- Add a few drops to a body cream you use at night.
- If feeling nauseous rub behind ears.
- I like to just open the bottle and wave it in front of my face for an instant feel of calm.
- For a sore throat, add a drop to a warm glass of water and gargle, but don't swallow!
- If congested, add a few drops to a warm hot cloth and lay over face and breath in.
- Add several drops to a bath with epsom salts to relieve aches and pains
- I like to add it to a moisturizer or face mask to treat acne (it can dry out the skin so don't overdo)
Thursday Plantation Eucalyptus Oil is the best deal of all, it retails for just $9.99 for 50mL and contains Eucalyptus Essential Oil (Eucalyptus Globulus, Eucalyptus Globulus – Leaf). They recommended this oil for cough/cold, headache and killing household germs! I don't have much experience with eucalyptus oil, I know it has been in a lot of the products I reach for when sick - but I had never used it on it's own. As soon as you smell it, you feel that relief, even just for a second while sick and congested. You can use it in a variety of ways:
- Add drops to a warm cloth or warm bowl of water and inhale
- Add a drop or two to coconut oil for a DIY vapour rub (the oil will last longer on the skin than adding it to a cream)
- Use in a diffuser to help prevent cold and flu in the first place
- Add 10-30 drops to water in a spray bottle to make a disinfectant for your home
Hopefully you are able to avoid the cold/flu all together, but if you get it I'd reach for Thursday Plantation!
*These products were sent for my review #TPWINTERRESCUE